When you install Office 2010, you’ll be prompted to enter a 25-character product key that looks something like this:
How to find your product key
The way you can find your product key depends on how you got Office. Select how you got Office from the options below.
If you purchased and downloaded Office from an online store, the product key should be in your email receipt.
Try the following to find this confirmation email:
- Check your spam, bulk, or junk mail folders for the email.
- Try searching your email for the word “Microsoft” or the name of the company where you bought Office.
- If you have multiple email accounts, check the email account that you provided when you purchased Office 2010 online.
If you can’t find the email receipt, you may be able to retrieve the information contained in the email by using the Order History link for the store you made the purchase from:
- Here’s how to view your product key if you purchased Office from Digital River:
- Go the Digital River download information page.
- Select Find my product key and enter the information requested to download software or get your product key.
- Here’s how to view your product key in the Microsoft Store:
- Go to www.microsoftstore.com. In the upper right-hand corner, select Sign in and enter the user ID and password you used to buy Office.
- After you sign in, select your name in the upper right-hand corner, and then select Order History.
- Locate the Office one-time purchase or individual Office app, and then select Install Office to view your product key (this doesn’t actually install Office). Note that this product key won’t match the product key shown in My Office Account. This is normal.
If Office came in a box, card, or disc, look for the product key on the card or on the packaging that came with Office.
If the product key isn’t there, read the instructions on the package. You might be directed to go to Office.com/getkey to get your product key.
You’ll need to redeem the 27-character alpha-numeric PIN shown on the product key card to retrieve your product key. Go to https://office.com/getkey, and enter the 27-character PIN to get the Office 2010 product key.
If Office came with your PC, Mac, Laptop, or tablet, look for the product key on the Certificate of Authenticity that came with your computer.
Tip: You may have one certificate of authenticity for Windows and another for Office. Please make sure you’re using the correct certificate of authenticity to retrieve your Office 2010 product key.
A certificate of authenticity for Office 2010 will have the words “Microsoft Office 2010” on it.
Download your Office Setup