Sometimes, if your Microsoft PowerPoint stopped working, then you can follow these steps for troubleshooting.
Get Office 365 here: office setup
To Resolve Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 not Responding Error
You may need to follow these steps:
Install the Latest Updates:
Firstly, you need to update the windows automatically, because there are some recommended updates, you must install to work properly.
Make Sure PowerPoint is not used by another Process:
Check the horizontal status bar to know, If PowerPoint is in use by another process, it can show some error in responding to you.
Issues with PowerPoint Add-ins:
While add-ins can enhance your experience, they can occasionally interfere or conflict with Microsoft PowerPoint. Try starting PowerPoint without add-ins to see if the problem goes away.
- Do one of the following:
If you are running Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run.
If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, click Start.
- Type PowerPoint /safe, and then click OK.
If PowerPoint doesn’t launch, click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office. Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the name of the Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
- If the issue is resolved, on the File menu, click Options, and then click Add-Ins.
- Select COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
- Click to clear all the check boxes (Disable the Add-ins) in the list, and then click OK.
- Restart PowerPoint.
Repair Microsoft Office 2010 Programs:
- Quit any Microsoft Office programs that are running.
- Open the Control Panel, and then open Add or Remove Programs (if you are running Windows XP) or Programs and Features (if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7).
- In the list of installed programs, right-click Microsoft Office 2010, and then click Repair.
for more details, visit: www.office.com/setup.